Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 7, 2010

So this week was insane. We had 23 possible lessons planned out at the beginning of the week and it was so exciting because there´s a goal in the mission for each companionship to have 20 lessons every week and we haven´t been able to quite reach it. So having a real possibility of exceeding that was incredible. As the week went one one lesson after another kept falling out, it was really fairly discouraging, we only had 2 lessons planned with investigators that actually went through. But what that meant was alot more finding time! So somehow we ended finding 4 new investigators this week! it was incredible, that´s more than we found my entire first cycle!


One of them was seriously the most incredible, random, unlikely occurrence ever. So we had an appointment with some one at the main train station which is really far south. So we headed down there and we missed our train by seconds, it was sitting there and I pushed the button for the door to open and it wouldn´t, and then the train pulled away. So we ended up being late for our appointment by about 10 minutes. When we got there the man we were supposed to meet with told us that he had to go somewhere else and so we didn´t have time to teach him.

So we headed to our constant backup plan, phone calls(we never seem to catch up) so we´re standing in the train station and looking through the ward directory and we decide to do a stop by with a person we can´t get a hold of. So we have 2 ward directories and this persons address and phone number are both different on each list. The new list has a note that the address is wrong but we decide to try the old address because the cell phone number on the old list worked 4 weeks ago, once. (I know it´s not logical, call it a stupor of thought)

So Sister Forsyth hands me the map and tells me to figure out how to get there, okay I can do that I´m pretty good with a map. So I look at the map and see 2 tram stops pretty close to where this street is, but then I realize that one has a line pointing down the street, and it must be the other. So we hop on the tram and I hear the stop and get up to get out. We get out of the tram and start looking around for the street where this woman may possibly live and can´t find it. We then pull out the map and I realize that we had gotten out a stop early, at the stop I specifically noticed was too early. But it´s just one stop so we decide to walk it and spend some time contacting.
We end up talking to this man, and he seems vaguely interested, so we give him the address to the church and get his phone number and then leave. After we walk away, Sister Forsyth says "oh we should have just taught him here!" Which we´re working on making a habit, but aren´t quite there yet. So maybe 2 minutes later this man comes riding up behind us on his bike and asks "Do you happen to have a bible for me?" !!!!!!!! It was incredible! So we gave him a Book of Mormon, and taught him the plan of salvation and it was awesome!! Because none of the things we had done made any sense. We were just having serious thought stupors.
So even when it´s hard and I wonder why I´m in this huge city where it´s crowded and I just want to go sit in the woods for a week, I remember that there is no chance that I´m here randomly. And that´s a pretty cool thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment